Jessica Gorman is an instructor, certified personal trainer, and business manager at Texas Kettlebell Academy. She specializes in coaching clients in kettlebells, clubbells®, and active flow bodyweight training as primary tools for building strength and increasing endurance, energy and fitness levels. Jessica is a member of TXKB's competitive Kettlebell Sport team, and has earned her Master of Sport and CMS in Long Cycle (KetAcademy, 20kg and AKA/IUKL, 16kg). She had the honor of being one of the first women in the US to compete in Long Cycle with two 16kg bells -- in a full flight of female lifters at OKC's Cali Open (Feb 2015). Jessica currently trains under TXKB’s Head Coach, Aaron Vyvial.
Jessica — a mother in her thirties and a lifelong runner — began her journey into personal training in 2012 when she realized that the benefits of running alone had reached a plateau. After taking a women’s self defense class under Coach Vyvial at Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy, she experienced immediate improvements in her physique, posture, and strength while reducing muscle tension and stress. As she branched out into kettlebells and circular strength training, Jessica found her niche — a holistic approach to fitness that balances form, core strength, and joint mobility, improving physical health and mental focus. Importantly, her fitness regime is efficient enough to fold into her busy schedule raising two young kids — and gives her the energy to keep up with them. Jessica now works empowering others to follow suit.
As an instructor and an athlete, she has been fortunate enough to learn from several of the leading kettlebell and fitness coaches in the industry today, including:
- Scott Sonnon, creator of Circular Strength Training, Intu-Flow, Prasara Yoga, and TACFIT
- Ivan Denisov, Sergei Merkulin, and Aleksander Khovostov
- Ken Blackburn, a record holding kettlebell athlete and Head Master Trainer of International Kettlebell and Fitness Foundation (IKFF)
- Serhiy Hetmanenko, Honored Coach of the Ukraine, Head of the American Kettlebell Alliance (AKA), and coach of Svitlana Krechyk, MSWC and numerous world-record-setting competition sets in Kettlebell Sport.
- Founders of Orange Kettlebell Club, John Wild Buckley, and Jason Dolby
- Nico Rithner, founder of IKLF and developer of BOLT, kettlebell lifting endurance sport.
Coach Gorman's certifications include:
- IKFF (CKT1)
- RMAX International, Circular Strength Training Instructor (CST Level 1).
- OKC Instructor Certification
- Bolt Specialist Kettlebell Lifting Instructor (Level 1)
- She has also participated in TXKB's Master Level seminars, held each year on gym's anniversary, including the first ever AKA Master Coach certification, taught by Coach Serhiy Hetmanenko and Svitlana Krechyk, held in September of 2013, and a special session led by Ivan Denisov and Aleksander Khvostov in September 2014.